(Used to be) Living in Luleåland

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Helsingfors & The Best Coffee in Sweden


From Germany I had to come back to Sweden before leaving for good, and I had 1 hour to kill at Arlanda airport. Much to my surprise I had the best coffee I've had in my 2 years there. Yes, at the airport! The last thing I would ever do in Sweden, trying to use up the very last few kronor in my pocket, was to purchase a märkligt gott kaffe!

So next time you are in transit, it was the Razzia(?) coffee stand when you walk from terminal 5 towards 4 and Skycity. A sandwhichboard advertised that the barrista there was a finalist in the barrista world championships in Rome, and it really showed.

Then it was on to Helsinki, the capital of Sweden's arch enemy and ex-colony, Finland. I had less than 24 hours there, to basically catch up with friends from the Monash Choir Monucs, Gudrun and Al, who have survived there for 4 years.

Helsinki is a small capital city, with some nice buildings and the bay. Stockholm it isn't, but I managed to spend a pleasant few hours there in the sun. Pics, now on facebook. Click the link:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=13052&l=781ba&id=731953277

2 Comments:

  • I see you finally got the Dungeons and Dragons reference in the there. Had I been drinking coffee I would have sprayed it all over the monitor

    By Blogger G, at 5:45 PM  

  • I see you now
    Im happy , happy.

    Gabi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home