(Used to be) Living in Luleåland

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Snowboarding at Kåbdalis

The Swedes never really praised their skifields here, so I was a bit concerned that they would be really short and flat, as they said they were. But their yardstick is the European Alps, which aren't hard for them to get to, so it is easy for them to be disappointed at home. Fortunately from my limited experience I was impressed and challenged enough to have a great day at Kåbdalis, about 1.5 hours from Lulea. It's not huge, not a resort, but a little village with a mountain for skiing down. 3 t-bars, maybe 8 or so runs, about the same length as the green runs at Thredbo, but more difficult. On one of the medium (red) runs, I went down a steep section longer and steeper than anything I'd been on bbeofre. So there are pleny of challenges for me here.



Caravans at the bottom of the hill - nice and close.

Peter and Charlotte


Falling into a surprisingly deep and soft patch of snow. Getting out wasn't easy. And the red on my head is my hat.


Strange skiing on a mountain with no mountain view... just plains

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home