(Used to be) Living in Luleåland

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

4WD -ing Sydney


Hej Hej! Yes, I am still in Australia, but now plans are firming up for my relocation to the UK. After a few delays with the work permit it finally arrived last week and now I have applied for my entry permit and made a tentative booking to fly on the 2nd of Jan. So it is Christmas in Australia this time, in the stinking hot heat with cold beer and seafood on the bbq.

What have I been doing? Alot, but not much - it is surprising how easy it is do to very little all day. Dad has a house building project going and so that has kept me busy, organising little things like door handles and tiles and such, and bigger things like clearing out the old house before demolition and making space in their house for the temporary storage of everything. I've also made some pocket money on eBay selling off my books and other things I no longer need to hold on to. Anyone need a kendo outfit? Or a washing machine?

Since I've been back I've caught 2 new illnesses that I've never had before - sinusitis and gastro, and developed a reaction against antibiotics. I think my immune system preferred the dry Arctic air!
I also took short trip up to Sydney to visit my cousin and a friend of mine, and we went up on a weekend 4WDriving trip in the Blue Mountains, which was great. I hadn't been camping for long time, and it was interesting to see what these cars could do - climbing up tracks that were difficult to walk up by foot. So I have included a couple of pics of the trip here, but more are again on Facebook which anyone can check out:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=23620&l=a723b&id=731953277




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home