(Used to be) Living in Luleåland

Monday, January 08, 2007

Guess Where?


Yes, greetings from Italy, where I have just come back from a day trip to Venice; full of alleyways, canals, pidgeons, and great glass. Looks great, though this is the off-season, and a Monday, so lots of places were closed and lots of construction is in progress. And apparently the Bond crew were able to make the water transparent for filming, before turning it back to its murky green state.

I left Boo in Stockholm on Sat, and arrived in Telve, a village in the Dolomites 40km from Trento, to stay with Marco (from spex) and his family for a few days. On the first day I managed to cross several stereotypes off my list: met "pappa Guiseppe", tick. Heard "mamma mia", tick. Crazy driving and parking on the sidewalk, tick. Eating pizza and pasta, "si".

(Boo flew home on Sunday, but not under her own steam)

We also went sking/snowboarding at Cermis famous for 2 disasters: the death of about 20 or so skiiers when US fighters flying low in the valley cut through the gondla cable, and me dislocating my collarbone. Yes, my left arm is now in a compression sling and my best friends are a) the person who cuts my food and b) b) my 99c shoehorn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home