(Used to be) Living in Luleåland

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

What's wrong with this picture


This is the contraption that limits my blogging, as well as various other activities. It looks worse than it is - all designed to just use the weight of my arm to put pressure on my shoulder via the strap that rubs and scratches and tears at my skin. I havent sor howered properly for over a week, relying on sponges and babywipes. Lets just say new life forms may emerge from my left armpit.

Aside from various "holding things for me", the most personal acts I have needed help with were the occasional tying of shoelaces, several cuttings up of food, and one putting a belt into my pants, and a strap adjustment on my sling. Tonight though, before a jazz band performance, exactly 0 out of about 10 people (all guys) offered to help tuck my shirt into my pants.There was a big silence after I asked for volunteers. The same silence actually that came after our bass player asked us if we thought there should be a bass solo in Bluesette. Would it have been that bad? (the solo, yes...! Tucking me in...) Would you tuck someone in if you were asked?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home